MARK YOUR CALENDARS
for our FALL PLAY:
* 2012 TONY AWARD NOMINEE for BEST PLAY
* BROADWAY.COM AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD for BEST PLAY
SEPTEMBER 6th, 2018
2:45 - 5:45 PM
THEATRE ROOM - 164
A COMPLETED RAW ACTIVITY FORM IS REQUIRED.
Click Here for the form (PDF)
(PLEASE NOTE: If you are called back, CALLBACKS will take place 9/7/18, 2:45-5:45 PM
Callbacks will be announced here. If you cannot make the callbacks:
Sorry, all actors must be at callbacks to be considered for a major role.)
All students are welcome to audition. Choose one day to come and audition. Your acting audition will consist of an acting selection, and be at most 5 minutes. You must have a completed Activity Form, and check for the Activity Fee. All checks payable to RTSD. Memo: "RAW - Play Registration."Sign ups will be first come, first serve at 2:30 PM. Students may come late, prior to 4:45 PM. Students who are unable to come to auditions on either day may submit a video taped audition. It is the responsibility of the student to make sure that Mr. Dietzler is able to open and access the video you send - If you are sharing via YouTube, be sure to set the sharing settings correctly. Please note: Seniority is not honored with regards to casting the play. It will only ever be considered when there is a true "tie" between two capable actors who fit the role.
Video auditions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is an Activity Fee of $85.00 for actors, and $35.00 for crew members.
If you are not casted into the show, the check will be returned to you. All checks payable to RTSD. Memo: "RAW - Play Registration"
Everyone who auditions will receive one free ticket to the show!
Audition materials may be found below. Please choose a passage to perform. Memorization is highly recommended. Actors prepare their auditions by not only reviewing the audition material, but also reading and researching the play. It is highly recommended that you know who these characters are before you try to bring them to life.
- Ladies will likely be casted in some male roles; However, all women must audition with one of the female characters' monologues.
- A sustained Britsh accent is encouraged, but not required at auditions, and will only be a minor consideration in casting. Anyone casted into a role with an accent, who then has to work on a British accent, will be expected to do so during the rehearsal process, and have one by showtime.
- This is a play. It has one or two songs, but it is a play, which focuses primarily on acting. There will be no singing auditions, and singing is not a factor in casting. Actors interested in a production which is mostly singing should audition for the SPRING MUSICAL.